Friday, August 9, 2013

4 Months Old

My Little Lady,
4 months have just flown by!  It went by so quickly, I didn't write when you turned 3 months.  You have been so busy lately.  You took your first plane ride to visit your great-grandmother in New Jersey.  The plane ride was a piece of cake for you and all the people around us thought you were adorable and wonderfully quiet.
 You also had your first swimming lesson with many of our good friends.  The water is one of your favorite things, and you thoroughly enjoyed it.
You went to the church nursery for the first time and while I cried to leave you, you slept the whole time, even when I came to pick you up.  You have been to 2 different lakes within a month of each other and loved being with lots of family.  You even had a blow out or two on the way which resulted in a bath in the sink upon our arrival. You have started to roll over in your crib all by yourself, mostly on accident, but we are excited!  You have really mastered talking.  The changing table and your Lamby are your two favorite places to talk to us.  You help me cook in the kitchen a lot and always enjoy listening to music.  Your soft giggles and belly laughs are music to my ears.
While you are learning how to put your knees up under you to get into the crawling position, flipping over, and grabbing toys (and sometimes a handful of my hair), I am learning too.  One of the biggest and most important things I am learning right now is that I have idols in my life.  For a long time, I had to battle making your Daddy my idol.  He is such a wonderful, loving man that I tend to look to him to fulfill me.  Then you came into our lives.  What I am realizing is that I look to you to bring me happiness and fill me with joy.  My sweet girl, there is only one person that can bring me joy, Jesus.  The world is constantly vying for my attention and it will yours too.  Our focus has to continue to be the same: fixing our eyes on the Lord.  As soon as I look to you or your Daddy to fulfill me, I am disappointed, not because you aren't wonderful but because only Jesus can truly give me a purpose.  You will find that someday, you too will have idols that you have to battle.  Whether that is a job someday, a man, or your own children, I want to remind you that the Love of Jesus is far greater than anything on this earth and all you will ever need.
I can't wait to see what this next month will bring, all the things you will learn, and the refinement of me through being your Mommy.




No comments:

Post a Comment